January 12, 2009

Spring Song

This Morning I was so excited to see the 2009 spring & summer cataloge in my mail box. The new cataloge is just AMAZING!! I am always excited about the new catalog but this one has way more than what I was expecting! Can you imagine what my wish list is going to look like! Yikes! I think I may be in trouble.
Isn't this a cute card? I made this card for one of our swap meetings before Christmas. I needed to make eleven of the same card, and this is what I came up with. The base of the card is bashful blue, and the top is brocade blue and stamped with the sanded background and versa mark ink to give it a water mark look. Then the corners were punched out with the ticket corner punch. The bird from the spring song set was stamped onto the whisper white and colored in with water color crayons and the aqua painter. The round tab punch was used to punch out the bird, and then layered and glued onto the brocade blue and cut out with sissors. The two layers were then glued to bashful blue, cut out with sissors and glued onto the card. The sentiment was stamped on WWhite and punched out with the key tag punch, and the top was then cut off to make a straight edge. The row of diamonds is bashful blue and punched out using the 1/4" square punch.
One of the cards was sent to Stampin'Up. If you happen to be lucky and they liked it, they would feature it on their website. I didn't get this card viewed but I still think it is a fabulous card....
Thanks for stopping by, God Bless and have a good day.
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

CardMaking 2009

Breast Cancer, Animal Rescue

The Breast Cancer Site
The Animal Rescue Site